So lovely, these August evenings (Now: mostly cloudy, 67 degrees Fahrenheit). I made a big batch of pesto to freeze tonight with that HUGE basil we grew this year. Yum. Jonah had me read Oliver Twist to him tonight and I remembered that grand production of Andrew's when he was deep into Boy Choir stuff. It is such a twisted tale, as you all know. I had to edit lots of it.
Mark's latest acquisition is a pack of antique sparklers from our friends down the street. The packet says, "Hands Brilliant Sparklers. Fameux Aetillants." I can't find them on the internet but I did find this great quote about sparklers from a BBC article. It explains, "they burn at several thousand degrees, hot enough, in fact, to melt gold. And yet you give them to young children to hold in their hands." http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1998/11/98/e-cyclopedia/207791.stm Mark will light one off soon and I'll report on it, donchu worry.
And, didn't Mom have a really scary sparkler story?
Anyway, hope you are all sparkling in your own way tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment